- a briefing about history of databases
- explanation of databases currently in use in business
- guide how to develop not too complicate application
This is the beginning.
Then, according to audience needs, the following topics should be explained:
- deep history of recent db engines (how MySQL can compete with others, where is PostgreSQL from, what happend to Berkeley DB, and what does it mean
- current DB trends, e.g. the future of versioning
- differences between MS SQL Srv, DB2, Oracle, Google's BigTable, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- If not relational database, then what?